Sunday 18 April 2010

Promised not to moan about the heat.....but!!

This whole clothing thing is driving me bloody mad!

So, I have a vest delivered with the Notting Hill Housing Trust bits on the front no problems, but now it's so hot and the forecasts are indicating it's going to be hot, if I just wear a vest I'll burn....yes really that hot!!
Now I have to find something to go underneath, to keep me cool; to keep warm, I'm your man!, I have so much stuff to keep me warm it's frightening, now I need stuff to keep me cold - nightmare!!!

And another hat, yes to keep me from getting sun burnt...brilliant.

Armed with my technical undervest (breathable you know, to help with performance, I just don't want to get burnt and avoid chaffing, yes chaffing and bleeding - football seemed so much more straight forward!), I took off for my run - an hour and a half in the heat.
Route: Home, Primrose Hill, 2 laps of Regents Pk, alternate ways, Camden and home.
9 miles, 1:25, no gels and no water - Hot!

The undervest and the hat seemed to do a job and will be essential if it's anywhere near the 18 degrees it was today, and of course lots of liquid!!




No comments:

Post a Comment